Monday, June 1, 2015

So Many Things To Do

So so many.  I have a party coming up Thursday night, and I have to get ready.  Except how do you get ready for a party?  Yes, I'm an adult.  Yes, I have hosted more than 12 people at a time for holiday meals, but this is different.  Yes, it is different than having 15 screaming little boys running around an apartment for a five-year-old's birthday party.

This party involves adults... liquor... party food.  I've never done this before.  I'm kind of nervous about whether people will attend.  Yeah, ok, I know, I invited 80 people so at least someone will show.  But who? How many?  How do I know what to get?  Some people have offered to bring stuff which is great, but what are they bringing?  YES!! I've learned my lesson.  Ask people to rsvp.  Ask them to let you know what they will be bringing.  But I can't really do that at this point.

I have asked people to let me know if they are coming and 5 of them have.  BUT I have heard at least 4 other people talk about coming.  So there we have nine. Oh! Plus the person I'm picking up.  Wait - I forgot about four more  - No, six more.  So that gives me 16.

Tomorrow morning I run out and buy booze, and start setting up because of course, I scheduled a doctor's appt. the afternoon before the party.  Maybe that will help prevent me from freaking or maybe it will just cause me to be more nervous.  Geez - I just don't know.

Anyway, in case you couldn't tell, I'm happy.  Saw friends today, and worked on linear algebra.  Got things accomplished at the dentist, with the car.  Still have so much more to do.  And this man I'm seeing - yeah, only saw him once... He listens to me.  I guess through dating and marrying different people it's nice to recognize qualities that I really want to see in a man.  He really gets what I'm saying and tries to give me what I need/want.  Absolutely lovely.  Don't know if he'll read this.  I think he's too busy.  He's read a lot of the blog, and I don't think he'll come back.

I like him. I like him enough to tell other people who are interested in me that I'm seeing someone.  But I don't even know if that's what we're doing.  I don't know what we are, but it's cool.  One thing at a time.  There's no rush.  OH!!!! I'm getting my get and civil divorce on June 16th!!!!! WOO HOO!!

It's great, and it's a shame.  Wonderful that I won't have to worry about it, but sad that it couldn't have worked out.  I hope he has a good life.  I intend to and be happy doing it.


No comments: