Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Early Arrival

Denver is going to be arriving in Oz tomorrow night for business and wants to go out with me. You aren't the only one that just found this out. Although I did know that he was coming here, I didn't know it was going to be on Thursday. It was supposed to be Friday morning. He apologized for not letting me know sooner, but he just got his ticket. I don't have a babysitter for DB so we won't be getting together.

The funny thing is that once he told me he would be in tom. night I started feeling a little attracted to him. I'm not going to analyze it.... just go with the flow. I'm also not going to tell him that he shouldn't come in for our date in a couple of weeks. He can't come back any sooner which is just as well because of the forensic appointments, Shavuos, and Memorial Day. We'll probably get together in June.

For future reference, what is the protocol when a guy comes in from out of town. Does the girl pick him up? Does he plan the date/s? Does she find a place for him to stay? Any help and advice would be great... tia

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

everybody can get a babysitter if you try it will happen. Do you really want ot go out?

come running said...

I can't get a babysitter, because I can't afford a babysitter. And because there aren't any teenagers in my neighborhood that babysit. They don't have to... don't need the money. Sooo... I would have to get a babysitter that is a nanny during the day. Most definitely can't afford that. Plus DB needs to get to know his babysitter a couple of times otherwise there will be hyterics, he will call me continuously crying thinking that I am going to die, and won't be able to fall asleep.

Sooo.. I wouldn't be able to enjoy myself and neither would Denver with all the interruptions.

The only family I have in the Oz area cannot babysit tonight. Even when he has gone to the relatives and they babysat... I get phone calls from him and from them asking when I'm going to be back.

Not to mention I'm going to Kansas for the weekend with DB and need to pack.

Are you volunteering to come meet DB play with him, make him feel comfortable and be able to calm him down when he starts to cry?

He is most definitely not spoiled and I am not overprotective. He has a lot of things going on in his life.

Maybe you aren't divorced, and don't have kids, and aren't really making any money.



see my posts http://dreamsofwho.blogspot.com/2007/03/not-anytime-soon.html

http://dreamsofwho.blogspot.com/2007/04/here-comes-sun.html

http://dreamsofwho.blogspot.com/2007/04/whos-right.html

sorry am in a rush and am just learning how to make a shortcut.

come running said...

Anon,

Sorry if I came down on you a little too hard. I really think I would've enjoyed seeing Denver, and I'm a little disappointed it's not going to work out.

BTW- any info on the questions in my blog. Who decides where to go? etc.

Shoshana said...

:( I wrote a comment and then managed to not post it.

But basically, I said that, when a guy comes in town to go out with me, I try to do everything I can to make it easy on him, since he is traveling and taking on the expense of doing that. However, I have limited that helpfulness when it comes to finding places for a guy to stay, I just feel like they can handle that. But I do try to offer to drive, plan dates or even pick the guys up, because honestly, I would want that done for me.

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

come running said...

Shoshana,

Thanks for the help. I spoke with Denver today, and he won't be back in until June. But it was a good conversation, and some flirting is starting to take place... just a little bit... which gives me hope

Anonymous said...

you should go see him even just for coffee
give him a chance
i sense that you d have a feeling for him